OBACHAN PANIC is a roleplaying game where neurotic grandmas & aunties save the world—and look good doing it!
Everyone has one: a wonderfully quirky, slightly naggy grandma (or aunty). But little did you know that they saved your home and country countless times from alien invasions, government conspiracies, untold monsters, the singularity, economic collapse and deflated soufflés—AND made it home in time to make you that casserole you like.
Beloved by tabletop designers and celebs and featured by Kickstarter as one of the hits of Zinequest #1, Obachan Panic! is MONSTER OF THE WEEK x MONSTERHEARTS, but with adorable grannies and aunties, wrapped in neuroses and served with a side of chicken soup and weaponized guilt.
- Simple storygame rules (Powered by the Apocalypse)
- Arts & craft character creations - comes with standees you can cut and color!
- Lots of "Build your own obachan" random tables - including what's in your purse!
- Act out by triggering your inner obachan (ie. why you never call? unmarried young people!) and use your neuroses to activate your OBACHAN SUPERPOWERS (ie. thousand yard death stare, summoning Marie Kondo)
- Gossip mechanic that helps give newer players a way to help craft the story
- Available as PDF download or limited edition risograph print zine (comes with character sheets and standees!)
- Art created by Oddsbod (Electric Bastionland) from real grandmas and aunties from our backers!